View Single Post
Old 11-17-2014, 07:39 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yeah, that was the guide I tried to link to.
I understand during the trial 9 months, from the way I read it, you can collect ALL of you disability, and still earn what ever you make at your job.
The thing is too though, I don't know how long they are required to keep my job open for me.
It is the WV highway division.
OK, I can change the wording of the suggestion to the doctor to
Pending a social security review in December, contingent upon the length of the review, Anthony may return to work sometime in
February
, Or if awarded continuing disability, may not be returning to work at this time.

So you think there is a good chance they would let me stay on?
Anyone know how long after you send in your paperwork does the decision take?
And is it true it's not really up to the doctors, but more up to social security?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
SSDI in never "permanent". SS determines the likelihood of a person's condition improving and then send either a short or long form Continuing Disability Review. Usually they just send the short form. If the answers meet their satisfaction, then benefits continue and your doctors are never contacted.

If you are required to go through the long form CDR, it seems reasonable that complications from your original disease have made it difficult for you to consider returning to work--that's not uncommon.

I'm not sure if you've read this guide:
but the advice does apply nationally. Read it carefully and ask any questions if you don't understand.

If there is a CHANCE you might be able to return to work, you can do so and still collect benefits during a Trial Work Period (which is 9 months) and if you're unable to manage, you still will collect SSDI. You MUST notify SS if you work any hours. You can work pt and make up to the SGA level which is $1070 per month for 2014, while still collecting SSDI. If you make near the max, expect that they will do a very thorough review to determine if you can make more than the SGA (Significant Gainful Activity) level and if so, they'll terminate your benefits.
mrbreezeet1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote