View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 01:45 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Whether or not your condition has improved is a decision for your doc/s.

If your PN is as disabling as the cancer was, I would think it reasonable to say that your condition has not improved. Are your Activities of Daily living effected by your PN? http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/page11-15.html

Your CDR might arrive on schedule or it might be delayed. It seems like they are better about getting them out on time the past several years, but it's never a sure thing. How long does it take to find out about if benefits will continue? Maybe 30-60 days, maybe 4-6 months for the short form. If they then send you the long form, and potentially to a Medical Examiner.... It could be a year.

Yes, I was talking about the letter to your employer from your doctor. SS could very likely see that at some point since it would be in your medical record--or someone from your employer could alert SS, it's happened to others.

"Pending a social security review in December, contingent upon the length of the review, Anthony may return to work in early February, Or if awarded permanent disability, may not be returning to work." You are not supposed to be able to work, and here you're telling your employer that you will return if your benefits are terminated.

You might realistically not be able to hang on to your job without attempting to return to work within your employers timeframe. Having an unsuccessful work attempt will not cause you to lose your SSDI benefits. If you think new medications or new treatment might allow your condition to improve, but your doctor needs more time to find out what type of improvement you'll experience, than that might be reasonable.

The odds of a 59 year old losing SSDI benefits with a serious medical condition is low. You can explore the statistics here: ssdfacts.com and they have a forum just about CDRs.

How serious is your PN? There are people that have PN and receive SSDI, but there are many factors that go into a disability decision, so take that with a grain of salt.

Could your employer accommodate you with a job inside an office? (You would likely have priority if you're qualified due to disability policies of many government jobs.)

Read the link about CDRs CLOSELY. If you put improved than you will in all likelihood receive the long form--it is often compared to going through the original application process. If your cancer was a listed impairment, that might not have been too difficult. Qualifying with PN will a more complicated process. If you can truthfully answer that your condition has not improved, than do not write in any extra comments. (It discusses this in the link about CDRs.) You want the computer to verify you still qualify without it being kicked out for a human to look at.

There are others that post that are as knowledgeable as I am, and a few that are more so. I had a long battle and a complicated road to SSDI approval, so I picked some things up along the way, and try to help out when I'm able.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote