Thread: Swelling
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 08:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Heal well and quickly - glad they figured out the chest pain was your gallbladder

As for compression hose- they can be ugly, hot and crazy expensive. Hope these tips help-

I purchase mine from footsmart (catalog, phone and online). They have athletic type socks, pantyhose type, trouser socks and traditional compression styles, in assorted lengths & widths.

They wash well, and are very durable (I wash them in a net lingerie bag and hang mine to dry). I use the trouser socks style in knee length. I really like that they have plain, silky look and patterned versions. They have different colors, (navy, grey, black, tan etc) I can look like every other woman in slacks.

*not a salesman for them, just have spent loads of money elsewhere needlessly. They have very good cust svc and I have used them for years

wiggle your feet and toes, pumping feet and sitting with legs up helps (make a habit of that). Any exercise helps - even if you are sitting just pump your arms or bend forward/back. Swimming or pool exercise is wonderful - especially for those of us with limited mobility.

Check your sodium intake, especially in hidden places like packaged & fast food and condiments.

If you are prescribed a water pill/diuretic I suggest staying home the first few days to see how quickly & often you need to 'go' - especially if you have limited mobility. Try to get on a fairly regular schedule of voiding to help train your bladder. Trust me, you don't want to find yourself in the back of walmart when you have to 'go'...

hope this helps - sorry so long

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (11-18-2014)