Thread: Swelling
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

KittyLady, it's great that you're back here posting only days after your surgery! Keep up the good work!

Is it possible that the gallstone problem might have contributed to the leg swelling? Maybe the swelling will calm down now that you've had the surgery--?

I've had swelling for many years but it's been all over the body. I've kept it under control with a very unusual dosage of a thiazide diuretic, which may be what is called a water pill also.

In the last 10 years though my legs have been swelling anyway, and a PT recommended elevating the legs for 15 minutes twice a day. I've been managing with once a day on that but they're still swollen slightly at night.

I'm particularly glad that heel raises have been recommended (Erin's post in this thread), and it was a great link, explaining just how to do them right.

I've been doing heel raises regularly but now realize I should be doing more of them and holding them longer.

Feel better soon, KittyLady.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-18-2014)