Old 11-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreezeet1 View Post
Ok, thanks,
There is a guy that was supposed to get me a phone number of someone in the HR dept of the State, that might be able to help me,
but a lot of times he is all talk.
As far as an office job, I was always mostly blue collar, experience wise.
I guess I'll have to see what this doctor says tomorrow.
Sometimes it seems these doctors also act like they don't want to get involved (with SS)
You are required to notify SS if your condition improves. If you do so, that will likely mean you're sent a CDR within a few weeks.

It seems like you don't really know if you're capable of doing your old job or not, but at this point probably not. Without a work attempt it's probably impossible for you or your doctor to know your capabilities. It seems like winter might be the worst time to attempt one, but that's a decision between you, your doctor, and your employer.

Only SS can determine whether or not you'd qualify with your current limitations from PN.

There are people in wheelchairs from PN and that have limited use of their hands, and then there are people with very limited symptoms, so without more info, it's hard to know your situation.

There are 3 ways to qualify for SSDI. Meet a Listed Impairment, the Grid Rules and a 5 Step Process. If you were applying for SSDI benefits today, with your cancer being in remission and with PN, SS would use the Grid Rules to determine your eligibility. The standard is fairly low for a blue collar worker over age 55. Here's a link explaining the Grid Rules. http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/top...grid-rules-age
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrbreezeet1 (11-18-2014)