View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 03:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default pre-panic and pure panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolinAddict View Post
Greetings, I'm wondering what were/ are the physical symptoms you all suffer from anxiety disorder. I have a lot of non specific mostly neurological symptoms... It has been mentioned that it may be early MS (which scares me.) But, I also have severe anxiety (which until now has been poorly medicated and controlled) and am under even more stress than usual. So, i wondered if these symptoms can be physical manifestations of my nerves and stress. So, what have you got for me? Name your physical symptoms that have been attributed to anxiety.
I have two reactions. One is where my head eels like it has been completely detached rom my badoy and just floats around and spins, I struggle to breath, sometimes I choke, and my heart starts to beat so hard it hurts a little.
The other, the one I have a real bad problem with, is I just pop and appear in panic state. No pre warning (that I am aware of) no signs or building up to the pure panic.
I just am in a state of pure, bone chilling and blinding panic. There is no moment to pause or reflect, muy body and brain just react the way one might if a venomous giant lion sudenly lunged at them.

The first reaction I am able to recognize as a small panic attack and calm myself down or remove myself from. That took a long time to do, and it can still be hard. It takes a lot of my mental and emotioanl strength.

Thank you for sharing your experience and starting this thread. It helps me remember I am not alone.

P.S. In the early stages of finding a diagnosis for the anxiety, MS as a possible cause was also brought up with me. I got all the stests and it was ruled out, and one thing that helped rule it out was my history. If you do have MS, I am sure you will find support and other people with it that can help you be as comfortable and calm and happy as possible.

Last edited by bottledballerina; 11-18-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: the MS thing