View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 09:33 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default advice you didn't ask for

Vicky,

The issues you are highlighting - patenting of genetic matierial, dealing with multiple illness delivery systems - are becoming more focused and dealt with aggressively. We as patient advocates are in the business (so to speak) of generating industry reform regarding drug development and clinical trials.

But the small, often very tired PD community can't take it all on. I think you are talking about issues that can, in part, only be expected to change when the current administration changes. I give Bush more credit than the average person according to polls. But our health system is a major problem and we need to look at who to elect. I'm trying to work up the motivation and energy to cover the election on GRC, but so far I haven't been able to muster it up.

Why don't you, instead of leaving, be the one to educate about patents and genetic materials? For every poster, there are x number of readers and I think at times that number could be very high. So post what you find.

I don't see the anti-stem cell surge against those who don't believe in it in this forum. It must be difficult to read about it when you don't agree, but it doesn't result in anti-Vicky posts.

Your information is being read and absorbed, even when not responded to. Just keep going where your instincts take you.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote