View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 08:39 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

I'm not surprised B12 and hypochlorhydria/achlorhydria (low and now stomach acid) haven't been mentioned. There's no profit in it for the drug companies!

Does your grandmother have any fatigue issues or numbness/tingling in her face, feet, and/or hands?

Dr. Allan Weiss is at the St. Anthony's Neurology Group and is a MG expert and MDA Director. Dr. Franklin is his colleague and is great, too.

http://mda.org/clinic/st-anthonys-neurology-group

He might be able to refer your grandmother to an internist and a gastroenterologist, too.

There are good doctors out there, but sometimes it takes a bit of digging. Anyone else have some suggestions?

My mom burped for years. Doctors thought that having her gall bladder out would stop it. Only the Betaine HCL she started taking TWELVE YEARS later did, after I prompted her to try it and be tested for a B12 deficiency. She had a low B12 (still in the normal range) and paresthesias in her hands and feet, which stopped a few months after taking methylcobalamin (superior form of B12). So a body can still be deficient while the B12 level is in the normal range! I personally take Jarrow Formula methylcobalamin twice a day (5 mg. tablets). So does my mom.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 11-18-2014 at 09:07 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote