View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Good morning...

I normally post in the Peripheral Neuropathy forum, but noticed this thread and was very interested in it.

My dad, age 86, has been on statins now for at least 2 years. I CANNOT get him to quit taking them. He is of the generation who still think that doctors have the answers to everything and would never prescribe anything that might cause problems.

Well, I think they are causing problems. I have read numerous reports on the Internet about muscle weakness, despite normal enzymes indicating damage. His bloodwork is normal...

He is so weak, that yesterday when I spoke with him, long distance, he was unable to get up off of the bed. AT 86, I know it is normal to weaken, but this is terrible. He and his wife have always played golf, walked, traveled extensively and they were swimming every week... All of that has stopped.

Any suggestions here? I am copying this article to mail to him, since he is not very Internet savy. I hope that some others might come along and post a response here. Perhaps he will listen if he hears this from someone else.

Thanks, and have a good day,

Cathie
Yorkiemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote