Thread: Blood Glucose
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Blood glucose is raised by steroids.

There used to be a saying..."you have to eat to keep your glucose under control"...
I usually am awakened every two or three hours to urinate during my sleeping periods, due to the Prednisone. I often take a sip of water before returning to sleep, but I could just as easily drink a bit of smoothie during these waking periods. This might eliminate the long fast.

I just sent both my neurologist and my new PCP Email about my blood glucose. I will follow up with a phone all in the afternoon, when I awake.

I am scheduled for two days of IVIG on December 1st and 2nd. My new neurologist wants to infuse every three months going forward.

I read somewhere that only 20 percent of MG patients will have a MG crises. I wonder if that statistic is a correct . I have had two MG crises events. My first MG crises was weathered home alone before I was diagnosed. Since my doctors did not see me in the MG crises state, it was not was not documented. My old PCP and my old neurologists did not hear what I was telling them when I described that first MG crises. It was like it went in one ear and out the other.

The second MG crises was well documented while I was in the hospital, and my new doctors are taking my condition more seriously. The Bible talks about the "lust of the eye," meaning that something is more real when seen. It is one thing to tell a doctor about a MG crises, but it is quite another when he or she see it firsthand. Now they know what can happen.

I've been on 1500 mg of Cellcept since mid-July. I am at the 35 mg of Predsione level for this week and the next, followed by two weeks of 30 mg, etc.

Would you expect my blood glucose levels to go down with the smaller doses of Prednisone?

-Mark-

Last edited by Panorama; 11-19-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote