Thread: Neuopsyc Eval
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 09:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I opened my account for ssdi last month. Got overwhelmed with the application and stopped. Received a letter from them stating they will deny my claim if I do not complete by the 25th of this month. I made it through the printed application a couple days ago and completed my written letter of my ability to function this morning.

I went into my local ss office last Friday to talk about my neuropsyc report not being available until the 30th and what a horrible experience. I took a # and sat down until I was called. Every other person waiting was called over a microphone and was listed on the tv screen. My # was called by his voice and I realised that on his 2nd call. I said I just had a question about the 25th date due to my report not getting to me yet and he immediately started talking about what they needed from me, completed app and the release... just sign that. We are here to help, can we help.... I have pulled up your app and see you, are a working person... hummm... you have worked... kept talking and talking about the process and again how he was there to help me but he wouldn't let me speak. So when he was done I asked about the date and explained my report was to come after that.... he went into that I have had plenty of time to complete. I started to get overwhelmed, heart racing and began to tear up a, little and said, I wasn't being disrespectful, I thought I had more time to complete. He told me to compose myself and that he received a message from someone in the back that there was problem with our supposid conversation, he was doing all the talking, and if I wanted help with the application there was someone to help, said that over and over until I agreed to the help. Sat down at window 6... go to window 6, again, go to window 6 and she'll meet you there. So I went to window 6, metal shutter rolls up and was given a pen. She asked if I wanted her to file online for me because I was writing too slow. I asked if she would be able to print out the app she typed when we we done and said no. I decided to continue writing it out on my own and was told again I was taking too much time. It was not busy in the office, 5 or so people waiting so I clearly was not in the way. I told her thank you and that I was not comfortable and would complete at home, then I left.

My gosh. I felt bullied. All I wanted to ask was if I was right on having more time to complete. That is it.

I have all my Dr.'s reports except the final from my neuropsyc eval. I emailed my neuropsuchologist Monday requesting I hope to receive it by the 25th deadline. Would like to submit all together, however, if I do not receive in time, will submit all I have by the 25th and walk the rest in when in hand.

Amazing.
goldenwillow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote