View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Thanks Annie- one more question

Thank you. I do have one more kinda specific question that I don't know if anyone will know the answer to. When I saw the Dr the day before I had my labs drawn, I was having some "unconscious" muscle tightening. Different from a spasm because I could force my leg muscles to relax but then the isovolumetric contraction would build again. She prescribed me 800 mg skelaxin to take to see if it would help. I took one pill about 14 hours before my testing. Do you think that would cause the modulating antibody to be elevated?

I haven't taken any since I started taking the possibility of having MG seriously since I'm guessing a muscle relaxant isn't a good thing for a muscle weakness disease

Thanks again for your help. Dr. still hasn't called me back. I'm not sure if it's because she doesn't have the results or because she's not sure what they mean- she admitted that she has only seen 2 patients with MG in her 15 years of practice when she ordered the labs so I'm pretty impressed that she even thought of MG and ordered them.

Barb
lotusflwr952 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (11-19-2014)