Thread: Blood Glucose
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 06:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post

Make sure you are drinking enough water, and avoid dehydration too.
My diet has improved since leaving the hospital. I got a wood pellet grill that allows me to make many soft foods that I can manage with limited dental equipment and impaired jaw muscles.

I am well hydrated. I started drinking green tea. I drink 16 ounces of green or herbal tea three times a day. I also have 2 to 4 fluid cups of a chicken broth soup I make from stock from the leftover roasted chicken. I also drink water too.

With the grill I can make smoked fish and other dishes that melts in one's mouth.

Smoked Wild Coho Salmon

Smoked Wild Ahi Tuna

Roasted Chicken

Smoked Meatloaf
I made a mistake on the recipe and put the bread crumbs into the egg and spice mixture, and then mixed it into the meat. The recipe called for mixing the bread crumbs directly into the meat. The result of this mistake was a very soft meatloaf, very much like a pureed meal. The meatloaf cook at 225 degrees until the internal temperature reached 165 degrees.

I also take advantage of the convention heat on the grill and make vegetable dishes with a Dutch oven. I put a layer of large carrots at the bottom, and then add 10 sweet yellow onions cut in half. I season with garlic and herbs, and place 4 strips of bacon on top. It cooks at 450 degrees for 2 1/2 hours. The result is spectacular. I make cabbage and other vegetable combinations with the Dutch oven.

I eliminated the sweets and sugar that I started to consume after leaving the hospital. My staple is a smoothie with The Ultimate Meal, white grapes, freshly ground golden flax seeds, imported raw almonds (real raw), ginger root, blue berries (or raspberries, or black berries), few ounces of fruit juice (usually soak almond in juice overnight), kale, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, and water. I blend it in a VitaMix emulsifier, yielding 50 to 60 ounces.

I can reserve 16 ounces of this to consume during my fasting hours.

I have one third of the smoothie with breakfast, including ½ cup of oats (cinnamon and 1 tbls of brown sugar), and a cup of kefir. I have another third at mid-day, and the final third as a nightcap after work.

I also take supplements to mitigate the side effects of the Prednisone and other medications:
  • Vitamin C 1000 mg
  • Vitimin D3 2000 IU (I work nights and get little sun)
  • Fish Oil 2400 MG
  • Calcium 1200 MG
  • Cinnamon 4000 MG
  • Potassium Gluconate 1200 MG
  • Turmeric Extract 600 MG
  • Ground Flax Seeds
  • Ginger Root

-Mark-

Last edited by Panorama; 11-20-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Panorama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-19-2014), southblues (11-19-2014)