View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 08:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Sweet C,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. I had to quote your post because your paragraphs were too long. Many of us struggle to follow from line to line when the paragraph is more than 5 lines. Proper paragraphs are not required here. Just put a double space very 5 lines or so.

It sounds like you need to have the vestibular testing done before move forward. You may also have a subtle neck injury. Not a bad injury but just some instability that gets inflamed and cause symptoms to be worse. A CT Scan or MRI will not show these subtle injuries. Some icing a good neck posture during rest and sleep will usually help.

It will help to find ways to moderate your duties at home. Getting rushed or feeling pressured to get dinner ready can be stressful. Try to write down a days activities/chores list so you do not have everything bouncinhg around in your head.

Others, especially the moms may chime in a give you some better ideas.

My best to you.

Thank you for your input Mark, the daily list is a fabulous idea. I find that I am easily forgetting things that I intended to do.

I apologize for the lengthy paragraphs. As I've been reading through previous posts for a while and based on my own reading capabilities I should have known better. I've been utilizing the talk to text feature on my iPhone so that I don't have to look at the screen very much and just got rambling.

Between my first post and now I received a second phone call from my HR and they sound like they are going to do their best to be accommodating and supportive. I'll only be going in to work for two hours at a time for two days next week to meet with my teaching coach and then we'll evaluate how I do with that experience. I plan on going in equipped with earplugs and my trusty sunglasses.

I'm still very frightened and completely uncertain that I'm at a point in my recovery where I can actually do my job even partly well. If there are any other teachers out there I would love to hear from you.

It would be great to hear from the other moms as well. This has been very challenging with four young kids at home. I've explained to them that mommy's brain can usually only handle focusing on one thing at a time right now and they need to reduce audio and visual background "noise" to help me.

I hate telling them I'm tired, I have a headache, you have to be quiet and turn down the glaring lights all the time. I've been trying to stay positive and limit distractions in order to be able to be present for my family but boy does it get hard.
SweetC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote