View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 10:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Hi Cazzie
Just came across your post from back in Jan. so hope this catches up with you. I'm in NZ - just down the road in Waikato.
Hope you're making progress with treatment for your SFPN.
I'm guessing you've had your appt. at Greenlane Hospital pain clinic by now - like most NZ hospital's the treatment standards at Greenlane should be okay - although it can be dependent on who you get to see on the day. The problem in NZ can be the frustrating long delays actually getting to treatment due to an under-resourced public health system.
Re the support group in Lower Hutt - I've had no contact with them as yet - I have unconfirmed SFPN but as part of a secondary condition to another auto-immune condition.
The Neurological Foundation is a fundraising organisation for neurological research. I've been a subscribing member for more than 6 years. They do an excellent job in supporting top level research throughout the country but as with most not-for-profits funds are allocated to where they can have the most widespread impact. ie: the most common conditions eg stroke, parkinsons, epilepsy etc. Rarer conditions are less frequently researched.
If you're willing to share maybe there are others in NZ would like to hear how you got on with the treatment at Greenlane.
Good luck for further progress.
Cheers bluesfan
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (11-23-2014)