Old 11-20-2014, 07:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.louise View Post
Wow. It's so nice to hear and see so much support. I'm 23, and have spent the majority of this year keeping this all a bit of a secret from people. I've told everyone now as I couldn't hide it. And the nice things yore all saying just warms my heart! It's lovely to know there's others in a similar situation.

UPDATE FROM THE GP:
It could be one of the unexplainable neurological thing, they said that's not saying it is nothing, but there is so many things they don't know about already. Apparently I could still be diagnosed with something.
In the mean time, whilst I wait for my next neurological appointment, ive been reffered to a psychologist. Apparently they will talk and help me to manage the symptoms I have to live day to day.
I would check into this--- low B12 levels. Doctors still use outdated lab ranges too, after testing, which go down to 200pg/ml. Some people get neurological symptoms when that low. So get tested and see where you are...discontinue vitamins 3-7 days before the test. You should be at 400pg/ml minimum and ideally much higher.

This is a video explaining what can happen if you are low and it is not discovered:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvEizypoyO0
And this is our B12 thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread85103.html

Best to check this and rule it out during your diagnostic process.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote