View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 12:55 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I have a visit with the doctor that first helped me with the paperwork when I first applied in July of 2013, coming up this Wednesday,November 19th.
I wanted to see what he has to say about it.
He has me on 30mg/day of cymbalta for the Peripheral neuropathy, but it is not really helping.
(I have been getting SSDI about 1 year now)

I didn't see him, I saw there other doctor, he was a jerk IMO.
Didn't even listen to my heart or lungs.
Then I was told the day before that he was faxed a copy of my EMG's,
and that he would give them a quick look.
and he goes on to ask me if I had the EMG's done yet.
I printed a paper outlining everything and he read it, and then proceeded to ask me questions that were all on the paper.
Then He made a big deal about the paperwork, said he needed to talk to the nurse, she does all the paperwork, then when I called was told that she could not write the paperwork, the doctor had to write it.

he upped my cymbalta from 30 to 60mg, and only would give me a slip to be off work till the 19th of December. (I feel like I am standing on Ice!!........He should have my feet for a week and have to work outside with then, just for a week)
But I may try the trial work program, will probably end up getting booted off SSDI.
Guess I'll suck up the cold numb feet, and work a few years, it just sucks though, as at age 62, I will only get about $750.00 from SS. And I will be at the job about 7 1/2 years, and if my calculations are correct, will get about $285.00 pension from the state. (About what I am getting now, Total, on SSDI)
This is of course with out any insurance. The $285.00 a month from the state probably wouldn't even cover there insurance plan.

Do you know if at age 62, and only getting about 1,000.00 a month,
If I could still get my States medicaid?
I am "guessing" so, as that is my Income now.
I have been trying to e mail my case worker, but she has not answered.
(Maybe on vacation?)

Only bad thing is I thought I saw some blood in my stool last night, so I just hope I am not on the road to another operation. (More Cancer?)
I will mention it to my Oncologist on the 24th.
mrbreezeet1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote