View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 01:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Marlene had a post here about Niacin and MTHFR errors...let me see if I can find it:

You can be heterozygous for it.... meaning neither chromosome has MTHFR, or homozygous for it ..meaning one chromosome has some activity. (these people methylate partially).

I'd read up on this if I were you... mthfr.net
10-30% of people have this error. It is pretty common now that we know about it..but it remains as relatively new information.

I don't see much of a "rash" in those photos. If it is just flushing...I wouldn't worry about it too much yet.

My son had many problems with socks. He is in IT and sits all day. He found some relaxed fit tube socks. But the diabetic ones are nice too (WalMart even sells them quite affordably). It helps to do an extra rinse with your wash for them and your underwear, to get all the soap/detergent that is left behind. This will leach out when you perspire and cause skin irritations.

The Whey protein powders are okay to use. Just don't count on them providing any B12.
I saw the doctor today for a few minutes regarding my test results. Before I went in I did some research on it. I saw that most things were within normal range except for triglycerides. The doctor said I need to cut down on carbs for that issue. My ankles and feet have gotten worse, with coldness/burning sensations in toes and feet, more varicose veins and bruise like spots, and the same with fingers somewhat. It is not at all comfortable to walk on my right foot or be up for long on my feet, as they swell and sometimes hurt.

I mentioned the twitching at night to my doc. She said 'that's not abnormal'. She wasn't concerned about my feet/ankles or other symptoms, such as my neck grinding and crackling inside when I look back and forth. Maybe just from getting older I guess.

She asked if I've been under stress and made me fill out a sheet asking a few questions. I hit all the worst scores with stress and anxiety but It was accurate. She prescribed Sertraline (Zoloft) and Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride.

So this is my fate. SSRI's, which I have tried so hard to always avoid, and no answers to the physical problems other than, 'your mind may be manifesting these physical problems'. I suppose I'll have to wait and see if the SSRI drugs fix my mental issues and therefore the apparent physical manifestations of that.

I"ll continue to research the information in the replies here and also do my own research on the root of the physical problems. If the mind can really manifest such 'quality of life' physical issues then maybe I need an SSRI drug.
mtb2k is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote