View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 05:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi CWMB,

Welcome and congratulations on having your baby!!

Anytime you have an extraction, it can take weeks for the site to feel better. However, I am wondering if that molar that is an anchor to your bridge is root canaled and/or infected.

Is the molar or any other tooth associated with the bridge root canaled?

Any chance you could post an xray here?

Bryanna

QUOTE=CWMB;1108692]Hi there. I have been having some trouble with my teeth and am increasingly frustrated because my dentist can't quite seem to figure out the solution. I was having very bad pain in my gums between my last molar (for which it is connected to a bridge with the one in front) and my wisdom tooth (top right of my mouth). It got worse and worse, so he put me on antibiotics, which did seem to clear up the infection as the pain went away the middle of last week. But, since we couldn't figure out if the issue was with the molar or the wisdom tooth, so last Friday, I had my wisdom tooth extracted. It was what seemed to be an easy extraction and the hole seems to be healing well. I don't really have any specific pain from the extraction. However, as of yesterday, there is still a very sore part of my gum. Right above the very back of what is now my back tooth. I'm wondering if the problem then, was indeed with this tooth and my bridge in general and if I should have the bridge redone? I've had this bridge since 2001. Or if I should just wait. Would it take time for this infection to continue healing perhaps?? Any advice you have would be SO greatly appreciated. I recently had a baby and am on maternity leave and feel like I'm spending all of my precious time at the dentist instead of with my baby. Thank you in advance![/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote