View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 12:33 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile Re hypertyroid symptoms

Re your hyperthyroid symptoms - like you I was getting varying high and low results on 3 monthly blood tests - my thyroid is monitored because I have another auto-immune condition. The doctor didn't want to medicate because of the side effects plus the medication (thyroxine) interferes with my other meds. I found a dietary solution in Adele Davis' book "Let's Get Well". To put it simply: I take 1 teaspoon of kelp flakes daily plus 200mg Vit E capsule. Started this two years ago and blood tests have been consistently normal since. The kelp provides iodine and the Vit E assists with iodine absorption. Keep monitoring it because I found after a while I was able to take the kelp a little less frequently. I get my kelp flakes by buying a packet of dried seaweed sheets (used for sushi), tear them roughly then shred them in a blender - store in an airtight container, (a pack of 10 sheets lasts about 6 mths - very cost effective!). I add them to porridge, smoothies, soups, scrambled eggs, stir fry etc. I started this with my doctor's knowledge and she commented that the soils in our country were known to be iodine deficient so depending on where you live that could be a factor.
Hope this is of some use. Good luck.
bluesfan
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ripply (11-22-2014)