Thread: clonazepam
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd42 View Post
I friend of mine offered me a clonazepam when I was complaining about sleep. Every few days I have taken a half before bed. I have noticed a substantial change in how I feel physically and mentally... I feel much better. and even got some sleep. The dyskenesias that are just starting for me have subsided quite a bit.

clonazepam is said to make the body produce dopamine, interesting, teach a man to fish. It is contraindicated for sinemet, but only because it "may" enhance PD medications. Enhance sounds good to me.

Anyway, thought I would share. Any of you ever try clonazepam?

Robert
Yes, I have been on clonazepam for 2 months now, and my memory is much worse, episodes of amnesia, dizzy, unsteady on feet, breathing problems. I tried lorazepam before this and it was as you described, a wonder drug it seemed, to help all aspects of my PD. Read Dr. Heather Ashton's manual about benzodiazepines; it will scare you and maybe save you a host of trouble later. I'm trying to taper off clonazepam slowly to avoid 'protracted' withdrawal symptoms. There are GABA/benzo receptors in every organ of the body, and you may get some weird and horrible withdrawal effects. Take a look at some of the You tube videos on benzo withdrawal - described as 'hell' and can take many months or years to overcome.
SarahBain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote