View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 11:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Robin,

It's GREAT to hear from you again. Your response brought tears to my eyes. Many times I simply rejoice when I hear positive testimonials from Internet acquaintances, as I have received more than enough to be 1 million % convinced of the universal benefits of going GFCFSFCF. But, every once in a while I simply break down in tears when I get an Email or read something like your post. Maybe it's the fact that an innocent child is involved or that the individual has been suffering needlessly for sooooo long. Or maybe it is the statement that the person has not been able to find a doctor that knows this stuff, which triggers a reaction of frustration. But many times these tears come when reading a testimony like yours right after writing an Email to someone else about how God's wisdom changes everything.

You are right: The doctor support for this approach is practically non-existent. I used to actually persecute them for this until I realized (was shown) that I was just like them for the first twenty years of practice. It is our training. We are not taught this stuff. We are, in fact, trained to think very differently with emphasis on making the diagnosis so that we know what drug to reach for to treat that problem. "Now you feel it, now you don't" is the concept, sorta like the magician and that white tiger....now you see him, now you don't. But is he really gone? Nope. He's back stage and sometimes even attacks the magician. Hmmm... The root word of "pharmacy" is pharmakeia, which means........magic (sorcery, witchcraft). There is some truth in that today, with many drugs doing little more than reversing normal symptoms to the ultimate detriment of the patient. Not all drugs fall into that category, of course, but a rising number of newer ones do, with some being recalled just before they hit the market. Scary stuff.

Thankfully, a paradigm shift in our medical thinking is now in full swing with this nutritional information being a HUGE part. There IS an alternative to drugs that have as their side effect the very symptoms for which that patient is being treated (e.g. neurontin and seizures). But if people really can't see that fevers are a good thing and help fight infections or heart burn is a negative reaction to something they ate, then how long will it take for this shift to take place???

We just have to keep fighting the good fight and doing it on all fronts, both in the public's eye and behind the scenes in the medical professions. This is only going to completely turn around when the doctirs are all on board but I can tell you that THAT glass ceiling is VERY thick. In the meantime, we become our own best medical advocates and do our homework. Thank God (literally) for the Internet...and forums like this one.

Please keep in touch,
John

"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." 1 Corinthians 13: 9,10

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease" Thomas Edison
DogtorJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote