View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 12:58 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
Sorry about your injury, but welcome to our little brain boo boo club...

Although it might feel that way, you are not alone.

Hi Hockey, thank you so much for your response.

I find it crazy that I can feel so very alone in a household of 6! I do end up sequestered in my bedroom quite a bit as I just cannot participate in much of my family's activities without a lot of agitation. I am very grateful to have found this group.

I am actually in the initial process/evaluations for neuro-psych testing. I made it through half of my cognitive eval this past Monday when my therapist said she felt I'd had enough for the day. Apparently I have some visible physical ticks that signify I'm "done". Round two is this Tuesday.

I went to my first occupational therapist appt this morning, Nov. 21st. It's incredible how taxing it was! The "exercises" were so simple- for a person with a healthy brain anyway! I went home with such a headache, nausea and fatigue and napped for two hours before my kiddos came home.

I have a counseling session on Dec. 3rd and received I for for a local TBI support group which I plan to contact soon. I too struggle with some depression, anxiety, anger problems, sleep problems...and guilt. The prednisone taper I'm on right now is adding to my issues too.

It is so hard to cope with the fact that I cannot be the wife and mother I was desperately hoping to be this year. The last FEW years have been excruciatingly tough on my family and so imbalanced as I went through my Master of Education program and last year was my first full time teaching year. Talk about imbalance!

My motto this year was supposed to be "Relationships and balance". I suppose it still can be, I just need to do some redefining of what that means to me.
SweetC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote