View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 01:09 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAR624 View Post
I fell this year & bruised my left knee. The pain is still there. I am waiting for my authorization to see both my neurologist & pain mgment Dr. I will see about those patches!
I am brand new to NT but thought I'd chime in on this one. A therapist that worked at the outpatient hospital that was taking care of me when I was first diagnosed with RSD had some very old school methods and I loved it. One of the methods that she used when I had a fall or a flare (CPRS in right foot), was to set up 2 containers of water so I could do contrast baths. The containers were like rubber trash cans, the smaller ones like what you would find in an office. One container had cold wAter (approx 70 degrees), the other had warm (approx 106 degrees). I would sit on a chair and put my leg in the warm for 3 minutes and switch to cold for 1 minute. (A thermometer was in the bottom of the container so the temp could get adjusted, those specific temps seemed pretty important to this therapy) Go back and forth 6 times. I did this 3-4 times per day and it was very effective. The only caveat is that on the 6th interval I would stop with warm. Ending o
AngieG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (11-23-2014)