View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 01:16 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass123 View Post
You are definitely not alone on your road to recovery. I'm pretty much a noob at this concussion recovery thing but there are some real gurus on here.

...you should probably take some more time if you can to rest and de stress. Try to adjust to a slower pace for a little while and focus on the positive steps forward in your healing. They're too easy to overlook when other symptoms keep filling your focus.

Thanks Seabass,

I IS a challenge to adapt to the much slower pace this injury has forced me into. I do know that for the sake of all parties involved I do need to be very careful with how I proceed and I guess the uncertainty of it all is very difficult for me to accept.

It is also hard knowing that my income is reliant on leave donations right now and not sure how long I can be floated by my the generosity and abilities of my colleagues. If things dry up, we don't have much in reserves. It's hard to put that "what if" stress aside.

I found out the hard way that the short-term disability insurance I thought I had voluntarily signed up for last year didn't actually go through. I never scrutinized the slew of paycheck deductions and it turns out we didn't have the numbers to enroll.

One of the good things that has come out of this is that my husband is taking a lead on our finances for once and we've drastically adjusted out budget. Who am I kidding? We often talked but never adhered - We actually HAVE a legit budget now!

I am going back to work next week for just two hours Monday and Tuesday to see how I do with behind the scenes type of work. I have promised to be honest with myself if I find I can't even handle that. I don't want to risk delaying my progress but also want to test my limits without pushing too far in the first place. That seems to be a tricky thing to do.
SweetC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote