View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 01:51 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
My child was very young when I had my mva. Rather than telling her to be quiet all the time (which would have been unfair and frustratingly futile), I tried to be practical. Ear plugs didn't cut it, so I bought myself a pair of those industrial muffs construction workers wear..

To cope as a TBI mom, I think you have to learn to prioritize.
You will learn, quickly, who your real friends are.
Such a great idea with the muffs Hockey. Was planning to get ear plugs this weekend. Will heck out ear muffs too. EVERY. little. Noise. is so loud to me! My kids are all pretty exuberant and I would hate to kill their joy of being kids because I can't handle it right now.

My kids are used to seeing me wearing sunglasses quite a bit as I can't expect them to enjoy living like vampires like I typically do when they're out of the house. We've had a few candlelit dinners which they thought was novel but probably wouldn't go over well as the new norm...maybe!

I've definitely been learning how to prioritize so that I CAN join in on important family things and I so hear you about learning who's my real friends. That's been an interesting lesson.
SweetC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote