View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 09:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang1 View Post
Thanks for the response. Seems like this is an uncommon thing we have. Where did you first hear of the Eden Lange procedure? None of my Dr's have mentioned or heard of this procedure. I found it on my own. I live in the Portland Oregon area and I have made a few phone calls but it looks like I may have to travel. Is there someone in your area that does this? Do you have pain in the shoulder and upper arm area? I have had moderate pain in my shoulder when trying to use it which radiates down my arm.
Yes, all the doctors have indicated this is very rare. I researched what the treatment would be if the spinal accessory nerve does not recover. The Physiatrist mentioned Orthopedics would be involved if my next EMG shows no nerve activity, so I assume it would be the Eden Lange procedure. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. Any movement of my arm causes pain in my shoulder area which also radiates up my neck. I am going to be fitted with some type of brace in a few weeks, which I hope will help support my shoulder that is drooping.
Cattle Dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote