View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Cc83,

It is possible that the last molar is ticked off from all the trauma that has occurred in the area in front of it. Make sure that the xray you have done shows that tooth in it's entirety. Have the dentist take 2 periapical xrays explaining that you want the full length/width of the last molar and the extraction site to be seen on the xray.

Yes, tooth sectioning of a molar for extraction is actually less traumatic to the jaw bone because the dentist is able to luxate (dislodge the tooth from the bone) in 2 pieces rather than one. Depending on the case, this is often preferable over removing the molar tooth in it's entirety.

Dry sockets occur for various reasons. Most often it is due to the malformation of the blood clot or the clot had become dislodged. It is important that the surgeon debride the extraction site thoroughly and get a real good blood flow going as this helps with the healing.

If you are hesitant about using that OS, please seek someone else.

Bryanna

Is it possible that the sensitivity is the last molar, the one with the deep filing and the crown. If it is I plan on getting it extracted. Is tooth sectioning a surgical way to get a tooth removed without one straight pull? I am concerned about getting dry socket again.[/QUOTE]

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote