View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 01:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have tried to accept all of the negative emails and personal messages that I have received over the years on the Stem Cell issue that have been sent to me. Many of them have called me names and tried to influence my views with the latest rhetoric they have found on the net but to no avail.

Because Vicky if you have a view you have to realize that any comments on your view or the subject matter of that view is not relective on you as a human being.

Nor is it on me. You can't make it personal no matter how hard you try to. On this forum as well as many others you will find those who have divulged some aspects of their personal lives while some have remained silent. Me I have mostly remained silent.

When you put out your personal views you have to be able to take the criticism as well as the support. That is debate and what are we here for if not debate.

We would be a sorry lot if everytime anyone disagreed with another they were held back from expressing it by fearing that that person would leave the site and knowing it would be because of them.

Then what would be left. A big nothing.

I was at a meeting the other night and someone there remarked that they thought I would have stopped attending seeing as I had developed Cancer and would put all my efforts into that area now. What exactly were they saying? I don't know and I don't care and I didn't even ask. If they want to talk I will be there when they do.

My point is that the effort I have put into Als and Parkinson's was not ever based on my personal feelings but the knowledge that it was there and I could in some way be a difference, maybe not make one but you never know who just may have been helped by my just being there.

The same goes for you as well. I have read just about all you have ever posted and while we don't agree on some things you have been read and heeded on many points.

But the vindication that we make a difference will not be as easy to define as you wold like.

You do make a difference and so do all who post here. That's a fact and it has to be enough.

Take the criticism if you deem it to be that and fight the good fight to change the opinion or recognize that two opinions are there and each supportable.

But if you must leave then do so but don't do it as a threat to make someone else feel guilty because they didn't support you.

That is not what we are all about. When the cure comes and in whatever state it does then my greatest hope is that all benefit. ALL

That to me is the only point of non-contention here.

I accept that you and I don't see eye to eye and you have made it clear but we are on the same path and if you get there first wait up for me.

Then we can go and sit down and chat about our lives and what and where we have come from. You will be surprised as I have been how much I hve in common with so many here.

And hey this isn't my disease even.

Ps
Take care all and I will be gone for a week or so but hope to see you ALL here when I come back. You will see me checked in sometimes as my daughter has agreed to keep me posted.
Thelma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote