View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Question Natural Remedies for Peripheral Neuropathy

Hello,

I'm a male, in my 50's that was diagnosed with Type II diabetes back in June '14. I'm doing really well with my numbers in general, but my neuropathy in my feet, and legs when I go to sleep (due to lying horizontally) causes poor circulation, and thus prevents me from EVER getting good, sound sleep. I didn't have it prior to being diagnosed, and even for a month or so afterwards.
Then, when it got really bad my doctor prescribed Neurontin (2 capsules (600 mg total) by mouth 3X's daily). At first it worked okay, despite the grogginess, that I really didn't like, but at least I could get SOME sleep. Now, though, it appears I've grown a tolerance to that dosage, and what concerns me even more is I know it can be addictive.

So, between the addictiveness, and ineffectiveness, I'm really wary of continuing it's use, and furthermore, I'm quite resentful of the entire medical community relying 90% on just the big pharma community, that offers absolutely NO homeopathic remedies, since that doesn't make them the millions that the drugs do, and further, the drugs never cure the issue, they just mask it.

So, I'm trying to do a little research on my own. I don't have insurance or medicaid, and don't want to get into that discussion here. I just want to concentrate on natural supplements, and maybe some simple exercises. There is a place in my area that offers "advanced" treatment, but I don't know how much it is.

Having said that, here's some of the supplements I think will help, based on my research. This is what I'd like feedback on.

L-Arginine for promoting blood circulation.
Korean Red Ginseng Root also for blood circulation, but also for lowering my
blood sugar.
Ginkgo Biloba Extract 24% specifically for Type II neuropathy.
Alpha Lipoic Acid. Specifically for Type II neuropathy.

I've found documented clinical evidence that all of these supplements aid in the treatment of either Type II Diabetes, and/or, Neuropathy, and/or, blood sugar, and/or blood pressure. I would like feedback from this community on any real world effects it's had on any users here.

Thanks,
UB
UnkleBuck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (11-23-2014)