Thread: Bone Graft Pain
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 06:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Bone Graft Pain

Hello!

I had #19 pulled a little over 2 weeks ago and a bone graft at the same time. I had to go back in a few days after to have it restitched, but other than that, I think it's healing appropriately. It still hurts though. Is it normal for it to still hurt? It aches. And when I close my mouth, the tooth in front of the one that I had extracted is super tender. It almost feels magnetic to the tooth above it, if that makes any sense - or like sticky. But I think it's just pain that I'm interpreting in that way.

Because I take fluoxetine, I can't take ibuprofen and tylenol isn't doing anything for it. It's manageable, but it does hurt. It has gotten better since it was done, but the pain level has been pretty consistent for the past 10 days or so. Not worse, but not much better. I'm just hoping it's normal - I'm a bit of a worrier.

Also, I can still see some yellow in the extraction site - is that the membrane? A part of me worries that there's food stuck in there and my skin is going to grow over it and make problems.

My dentist didn't give me any post-op instructions so I have no idea what's normal and what's not. Any advice from you guys would be helpful.

Thank you!
valligator is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote