View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 06:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pained View Post
I was emailing him and he told me that this procedure is for cases where the injury has healed but the brain thinks it has not and is still transmitting pain signals. When I read that, I emailed a doctor who was involved heavily in my case because I was concerned that my injury has not healed and likely never will since the nerve was embalmed by the root canal material. I also looked in the FDA adverse event database and saw some reports where the procedure made people worse and one specifically was one of his patients. He had told me that he had no cases where anyone got worse. I asked him about it and rather than explain it, he ranted about someone who was bad mouthing the procedure on Yahoo and appeared as if he did not believe that I had talked to "my doctor". He told me he would not accept me in his practice. I emailed him back and apologized if I insulted him and told him what drove me to ask questions to my doctor and that I was petrified in making this worse and I wasn't sure if my injury would still be transmitting pain signals. It was his comment about the injury being healed is what caused me to do some additional digging about the procedure. He never replied and probably never read it.

I later read on this forum about many people who were only put into remission for a matter of months. This particular doctor did not say this, but another one told me that if it worked it would be permanent.

I was less than impressed with his lack of professionalism and it left me feeling like anything but a good outcome from the procedure would be met with the same attitude. A shame since I thought this might be of help to me. Personally, I feel like it is a patient's right (and obligation) to research and ask questions...but I guess he doesn't think so. Better to find out now. If this treatment is really valid for my problem, it will catch on, there will be more data about it and more doctors will offer it.
Hi pained,

I'm so sorry about your experience with Dr. D'Amato. I'm shocked! I have never experienced anything but the utmost professionalism from him. You have every right to do your due diligence in making decisions about treatment options. Calmare is done by MDs in other states and I hope if you are still interested in it, your experience with Dr. D'Amato hasn't turned away from me.
deb b is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote