View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello Ash,

I read your post and it touched my heart. I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through this injury alone and having to care for a small boy as well. I hope that you can get a good diagnosis and follow-up care soon. It is frustrating beyond belief when you yourself know there is something wrong/ different with you, and you just can't quite explain how or why that is.

I just wanted you to know that most concussions do not show up on either CT scans or MRIs. And some neurologists I have seen didn't even think I had as serious a brain injury as I had, claiming my speech, balance cognitive problems were caused by new meds for pain or psychologically motivated. My neuropsychology testing proved otherwise, and I did 5 months of neurorehab in a specialty clinic.

I hope you will learn, for your sake, to accept other people's help, especially those around you. The body needs quiet rest for recovery and healing to occur. This is definitely not the time to "go it alone" because of how this injury takes so much from you and in so many different ways, some of which you may not even see yourself yet.

It can be hard to trust people who doubt you now, but I have found in my experience they just don't understand the scope of your injury, so the doubt can occur. It may be helpful to bring someone to your doctor appts. so that they can help you take down all the information and maybe that is how they can realize the extent of your injury, too.

Take care, M-i-m
music-in-me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (11-24-2014), SweetC (11-26-2014)