View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 07:38 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can get Marijuana where I stay easily and will try a small bit of it, as I have recollections of it always helping me sleep. Very curious about the whiplash, as my neck hurts a bit in certain areas and crunches. Is there any massage or stretching one can do to help with it? I certainly wont let anyone carve it open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ash_ View Post
Can I ask what drugs you take?

I've often seen it stated elsewhere, as Hockey says, that head injuries can lead to increased dependance. So stop drinking beer! Alcohol is one of the worst drugs you can take, right up there with cocaine.

However:

I've taken canabis fairely regularily for years to help with symtoms of PTSD. I tried various prescried anti-depressants and just didnt get on with them, side effects were to great and simply coud not function in that pall they give you, nor did they actually alliviate any of the depressen, hyper-tenension/awareness or night terrors.

Cannabis did and I was able to control the dose better.

Since my head injury I quickly noted that it is the only hing that helps alliviate the pain. I dont get the 'stoned' feeling so much but thats not really the point. I find that I am able o retain information better, access memories easy, control my frustration, and do get hungar pangs and so remember to eat. It also greatly relieves the pressure feeling in my eye and ear. I can stress that last point enough...such a relief.

Unforunately as it illeagle in my country I cannot always get it (I wont go to dealers that sell other drugs, just quiet folks that have weed) and I think the pain I am in now is exasberated by this.

To be clear, I have spoke to medical professionals abut this. I wont want to do something that will harm my progress.

One Dr said, afte discussing different types of pain meds, "The thing that is best for this is something I ust cant prescribe." Then looked significantly at me. My son was present and they are not alowed to advocate ileagle drug usuage.

The optomotrist and othamolgist were...fascinated by what I hd to say. Very keen to hear details of how sensations were alliviated- the pressure in eye. To the point whre I tol them I hadn had any the day of my opticians tests, when the pressure was high, to intentionally having some before my opthalmologist test (fter the opthomatrist one) an telling them so they could compare data.

None of them ever said this was harmful and often alluded to studies which showed the oposite.

One recent study, though flawed as they did not list what other drugs the groups wre on, indicates that regular small does cannabis consumption cause the brain to form extra connections. For people like us, who have had some of our connections severed or swelling or nerve damage, I believe this enables our brain to forge alternate routes for that information as well as helping to treat the swelling and, possibly, controls for CSF production.

I know there are a lot of americans on here, where many states have legalised medical usuage and do indeed prescribe it for nerve damage...has anyone else tried this and would care to share experiance?
rexpotter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote