Thread: sinmet fears
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 04:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mday108 View Post
I am 60 and got my Parkinson's dx November 2010.

I have a forty-year background in natural medicine,
but all my attempts to address the symptoms of PD are failing.

I'm scared to take sinemet because my body is extremely sensitive, and due to a childhood trauma, I have significant difficulty dealing with nausea and/or vomiting.

I recently tried just one-fourth of a 25/100 sinemet.
I got such severe nausea and dizziness, it brought back ancient memories of bad LSD!
I tried it again the next day and had the same experience, plus a severe headache.
A Parkinson's support group in the UK recommended Domperidone,
an anti-nausea drug. I tried half a tablet and experienced two days of horrendous nausea and a severe migraine.

My doc said I am beyond the point of being able to effectively use an agonist.

I'm seriously running out of options.

Can anyone share a positive sinemet nausea-conquering story?
Any other suggestions?

Current Acute Symptoms - November 2014

- Tremor: strongest in right arm and hand, right side of body; sometimes tremor in left hand; constant tremor in jaw. Tremor in right arm can get so severe it causes severe pain and it feels like arm is going to snap off.

- Difficulty speaking speaking above a whisper, also enunciating. Tendency to drool, difficulty swallowing. I have had 2 serious choking incidents.

- Deterioration of motor skills: great difficulty moving body - difficulty walking, right leg drags, difficulty turning in bed, difficulty moving arms, especially right arm, difficulty getting up and sitting down. All movement is extremely slow and takes great concentration to do.

Any reply is most appreciated.
Michael
Hi Mday,
You might want to try and stick with the anti emetic drug domperidone for a while.
Take it 1/2 to 1 hr before a whole Sinemet and same before a meal for now.
It sounds like you're symptomatic enough that you'd benefit from 100mg of Sinemet at each dosage.
I had nausea before with PD meds but got over it eventually as have others I know of.
If you stick with it you'll find a big relief from your PD symptoms I think.
I too hate nausea and vomiting but on the other hand have had PD long enough to know that Sinemet can be a huge relief so hang in there!
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mday108 (11-26-2014)