View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Roxy:'

I used to go on the Interstitial Cystitis websites (all those years ago), I use to read everything I could get my hands on.

I also always thought I had numerous bladder infections because the symtoms are so similar. I remember once, going to the emergency room, demanding that they give me a urine test, telling the doctor "I must have some really bad infection, because the pressure down there is driving me nuts". He took a urine sample, came back and said 'no, you don't have an infection". I thought he was nuts. I said 'what on earth do you mean, of course I have an infection,". and he explained. "everybody has bacteria in their urine, you do not have enough to make it an infection.

So the next week, I went to another urologist who did the trans vaginal thing, I mean, I must have had every test in the world for this bladder thing I had. I only got relief when I went to bed. As soon as I got up, Bam, there it was again. Nearly drove me out of my mind!!! They gave me tylenol with codeine but it did nothing because I didn't have pain, I had the pressure (which to me, is just as annoying as the pain).

I would always think it was an infection because, after all, I'm a diabetic, and diabetics get bladder infections, right??? well, not this tootsie.

Oh yeah, once in a great while (I think two times), I actually had a bladder infection. The second time, I didn't even know I had a bladder infection. I had no symptoms whatsoever. This was around 3 years ago, and during a regular physical, they took some urine, and the doctor said "oh, you have a bladder infection, here is some Cipro and he gave me the pills. I would have never known it. Now this was years after the pressure down there went away. I also used to have muscle spasms in my chest. For years. They went away too.

So now, I can only believe, that these were bladder spasms. I distinctly remember the night it went away. That day, I went to my doctor and said "please, you must give me something, I'm going crazy with the pressure down there". He prescribed muscle relaxer. I got the prescription filled.

I took the bottle home, (I was going to take it before bedtime). Guess what happened??? I went in the hot shower and let the hot water just run over my body. The pressure went away and never came back.

Boy, what stress does to my body, my god!!!

Anyway, I 'm happy that at least you got some meds and they help you.

mel

P.S. Tell me again, why your doc says "it looks like IC". How do they tell the difference between IC and bladder spasms??? I would love to know!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote