View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 06:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Cheers Hockey. Thought that was what you meant but wanted to check in case my story was more confused than i realsied. Been thinking some more and i do have a few more vague memories.

On the journey home,in the car, is when i think i was trying to get changed and got a bit naked. My sister was asking me what i was doing and insulting me. I also think i tried to get out of the a when it was moving, feeling trapped and wanting to get away from her. I still had my seatbelt on and she shouted at m to close the door then put the child lock on. My son confirmed the dressing part said i just wanted to get warm and dry. Think he was asleep for the latter.

Mark-

I think we're talking about the same thing. Breaking down and labeling changes/developments as 'events' is very typical of scientific language. you your self mentioned a cascade of events.

1st- what is your intrepatation of concussion? My understanding,much like in music when two cymbols crash and it is termed a concussive sound, is that a concussion is the brain knocking against the skull. This can be caused by an object striking the head or by the head moving at great force-whipping back and forth.

A brain inury may result from this, if enough force caused physical damage to the brain tissue. But with a concussion it is often the subsequent swelling that puts pressure on the brain and causes furthr symptoms as particular regions are squeezed.

A brain inury is physical damage to the actual tissue, either by blunt force trauma, penetrating inury of an object or bone splinters. Which can also be further exacerberated by subsequent swelling.

In th instance of bleeding/CSF leak:

If this does not happen straight away at impact t may be that the brain swelling does not leave enough room in the skull for everything that normall presides there and so CSF will leak out of passages that already exit- the sinuses.

Sooner CSF leak or bleeding implies that something has torn, often in the ear where your canal leads to the part of the brain which deals with auditory processes, or nose which frontal lob damage or strike to the back of the head. If the something torn is only a minor vessel your body may be able to heal this on its own, if it is something more major, or in the protective sheath this can lead to continued leak/possibility of infection, a lack of vital supply to brain regions.

I think there is also the possibililly that the brain swelling can essentially block these tears for awhile, hiding their presence. There is also the possibility that your brain is directing energy/physical response to other areas that it deems need help more and so repair is delayed. Or tht the regions that control thee activites have experianced cell death and your brain is not producing these impulses/guidence for your body as it used to.

So the type of impact, where that occured, the force experiance and the way and time events/physical reactions (or the phycolgical manifestation of such) is very important. Not just to ascertain immediate dangers but also for future prognosis/care.

This is probably why short term loss of consciousness isnt a great indicator. I thought i had only lost con' for a few mins but it seems i slipped into a coma like state for a hour-ish and had severe other symptos, the post traumatic amensia, in bouts that lasted a few hours (possibly days) as well.
_Ash_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote