View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 10:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Having extremely cold weather for East TN. The favas outside are black with but a sign of life in a few plants. The ones in the unheated greenhouse have been knocked down,( but not out )several times as we have gotten to 15 degrees already and many times in the low 20's. But so far they have perked back up. I started working on a new pamphlet about the favas this week at the library...so hopefully in a couple of weeks it will be completed and ready to take to the printer. Aunt Bean is still a novice on computers...it only took 3 hrs to construct 4 pages (with a lot of help from librarians) But we have a picture of the fava bud cluster on one page for those who may want to try to grow them and make " bud tincture" for l-dopa supplement which is so convenient to carry in a small dropper bottle and is what I use for my symptom relief. Looks like I have totally lost my fall crop and supplies are getting low....Looks like Aunt Bean will have to start sprouting beans to eat. The next crop to be planted , Lord willing , the first of March(which will make tops the end of May.) Still looking for a biological chemist to test tinctures from beans/ plants / flowers etc that I have made here at Bean Acres. Perhaps someday a company will take on the making of an l-dopa fava tincture in case something happens that I cannot make my own. For right now...I am going to research natural medicinal turpentine....that really sparks my interest. Hope you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving.
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
badboy99 (11-26-2014), Glen Pettibone (11-30-2014), natnat (01-16-2015)