View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

That is way too long under the circumstances.

Perhaps the Counsellor can make some waves and get her seen by the Psychiatrist.

Where I live there is a huge difference in the methods of treatment. Psychiatrists, because they are doctors can prescribe medications as well as use talk therapy. Psychologists/Counsellors tend to do more hands on work in teaching strategies to their patients so that they can maybe change certain thought patterns

I'm not sure if it's the same where you are. I personally would prefer the methods used by Psychologists to help change problematic thought patterns that perhaps have led a person, or kept a person, in to a dark place that they feel they can not escape and make them want to stop it all. In my country, a Psychologist can refer a patient to a General Practitioner if they feel medications are needed.

Anyway, that may be totally different where your daughter is being treated. You would think that it being a hospital that there would be all these counsellors and doctors on hand day in day out. Is she being prescibed medications already? Who is making sure that the medications are being helpful or that she needs dose adjustment or whatever?

Thinking of you all there. What a terrible time you're having.
Sorry about my rambling, but I think it's just terrible how people are treated because of their mental health problems and differences. It's always been like this and it's not right.

Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (11-26-2014)