View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 04:10 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Do you mean you feel powerless?

I've had some things going on with where I live and have been absent from the forums here quite a bit lately so haven't been able to keep up.

Is your daughter living with her father's eldest sister now after coming out of the hospital or living with her father or where is she living?

It sounds as if you're in a position where you are feeling powerless to help. Are you able to communicate your terrible feelings of fear and concern to those people where she is staying? Someone needs to step up to the plate and get something sorted. If I was there, I'd go sort it out if I could.

Who do you trust to get the practical issues sorted for your daughter?

Maybe because you're feeling so overwhelmed you are unable to see the trees for the forest. Sometimes if we simplify things... like write a list of people there who your daughter trusts or you trust or both of you trust... then you can talk with them and see if they can get this issue with the doctor sorted.

I don't know how often your daughter is seeing the counsellor but the counsellor is the one who sounds as if they have the most contact of all the medical people. I would either call them myself or get someone who is living with your daughter to call them.

I know there are patient confidentiality issues but under the circumstances, it seems imperative that a voice is heard. Obviously that voice is not your daughter? Your daughter is not motivated to feel better? If she is not, then she's too ill and needs someone else to step up to the plate.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (11-26-2014), eva5667faliure (11-26-2014)