View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 04:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

hi pinky,

i can relate to the gradual loss of abilities and having to make accommodations. the first i made was to use a cane. the next was to get a handicapped sticker for my car. that was earlier on in my MS journey.

then i couldn't walk the grocery store anymore and have been using the carts ever since. all these little tweaks reminding me that i was giving up something.
but i came to realize that these accommodations actually made my MS life easier and saved me energy to use on other parts of my day.

i hope your dr knows of the problems you stated. maybe there is something to be done like PT or some home aids. you could call your local MS society to see if they offer any helpful classes; 1-800-FIGHT MS.

you also might look into ergonomic seating in front of the computer. my brother used to talk to me about that. it might help. and, get up every hr for maybe 10 min's. sitting too long really hurts me.

well, i'm raising my glass to you in a Thanksgiving toast for a better one next yr. take heart pinky. we're here for you.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Pinky76 (11-26-2014), SallyC (11-26-2014)