View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 02:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good Luck!

I'm still waiting to see if my treatment worlked like we're hoping it does. My doctor was originally going to do a Ketamine Infusion. Recently, in June, my Crps spredict to both my feet and lower legs, by October it was quickly advancing to become full body.I even had a rare spread to my face, throat, and mouth. Not fun! And had the worst flare I've ever had by the end of Oct and into Nov. We'd been waiting on an answer from a hospital in Utah (I live in Wa State) for aboutique a month, my doctor decided that with my history of the postpartum depression, and my extreme sensitivity to medications, to use Lidocane for the infusion instead. I'm really lucky as not only did she know how to perform so I wouldn't have to travel, she was able to get my insurance to approve it immediately! I had barely any symptoms, though I would warn that while having either Ketamine or Lidocane your symptoms can fluctuate ... a lot. Apparently the way both medications effect the nerve and cell structures, it flares and calms them. Kin of trying to "reset" the system.
I'm not sure of the symptoms or side effects of Ketamine, but I know they're very similar.
I was given a 70% chance to have a reduction in pain from 30-50%! Now I don't know what your odds or differences between our symptoms, but if it's anywhere near mine it's worth a shot!
I don't know the doctors near you but wish you the best of luck! And hoping you find relief!
CRPSsongbird is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote