View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 03:24 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

When an employee works in the place of business yes they do take care of providing the correct office equipment. (Or they are supposed to). However, I work from home so I have to provide my own desk and seating. They only give me my computers. I am very thankful for that because right now I use two computers for my job, and several of us are trying to talk my employer into giving us a third monitor. (It's no wonder my eyes are bad and I constantly have a headache LOL)

My neurologist wrote a letter stating that I can only work 40 hours a week and no more. I was told in order for this to go through I must open a FMLA claim and my neurologist has to submit it through there and try to get it approved. So, I will have to deal with sitting at a desk for 50 hours a week until it gets approved. I know that doesn't sound like any big deal... It's just sitting while I work. But wow does it hurt! My MS doesn't seem to like if I sit or stand for any length of time and it's making my spasticity much worse, as I'm sure many of you understand and deal with the same thing.

All I keep telling myself is that I have to keep pushing through. Things are bound to get better eventually, right?
Pinky76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (11-27-2014), SallyC (11-27-2014)