View Single Post
Old 11-27-2014, 09:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa14 View Post

well its been a week and for last 2 days no headache!! hopefully we found the cure for him. I only hope you have as good a luck!! keep us informed
lisa and dean
Hey Lisa and Dean,
That's great news, hope it continues. I've been to see the NS this week, had ct scans prior, they told me that it seems more fluid is being retained than I need and the ventricles are again expanding. They altered the shunt settings and although the mornings HA have shown some improvement the evenings HA have gotten worse, off the scale worse (which I was hoping wasn't possible). I have been told and have read that it can take a week to 10 days for any such adjustment to settle and take effect, 10 days of this and I'll be ready to kill (joke)(well sort of).
When they first inserted the shunt I had bad HA for about 5-6 months, this time round its been about 2 years and still no light at the end of the tunnel. But then I remember a lady who was in hospital at the same time as me. She had had major complications and infections and was in a much worse state then myself. So as bad as it may seem, it could be worse.
Dean I'm glad you've had some success with the botox. Long may it last.
P.S. If you ever feel the need for a HA, just ask I could donate you one at anytime, free of charge.

Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote