View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

It is amazing at the rapidity that Big Pharm gets some of its drugs on the market, then drugs for orphan diseases don't get approved or get cut.

I am not a big fan of Big Pharm, the insurance industry etc.

When you are on the inside of the health care system, you see some stuff you would rather not see.

My doc jokes about what 'poisons' I have tried....he really isn't kidding, it is just sarcastic truth.

I can see if weight loss and exercise do not do the trick or are for some reason contraindcated, or you have familial hypercholesteremia, then you don't have options....I think that is what pharmaceuticals are supposed to be for, when you do not have other options and you need, absolutely NEED to take a drug.

I also do not like the algorithms the insurance companies set up before you can get a specific medication....first you have to try this, than that, then this...then you can have what really works...until your doc leaves and you can start all over again...or until your insurance plan changes and you need a new doc....

Who made things this complex?

I have to laugh at the OTC pain med commercials....the faces on the actors, when they are in such humungous pain as they bend over and a simple OTC pill solves their problem, geez, how bad can it be??

The other thing I totally do not understand is prescription drug commercials.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote