View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi MSbelle,

Quote:
She told me to see benefits I'd have to keep working up to 1 full pill three times a day, despite my worsening spasticity... that the pill wont work at such a low dose.
That is true.

However, my usage has varied. The first time I used Baclofen was during an exacerbation. I was not showing signs (neuro exam) of muscle spasms but my Neurologist did suspect my leg pain was related to spasticity. I don't remember my dosage at that time except it was 3 times a day.

At my follow up appointment and with my exacerbation on the down side of resolving my Neurologist said I could take Baclofen on an as needed basis. Awesome! That is what I did. When my legs hurt I took one and my leg pain would improve.

We were in the process of moving, with two very young children, my legs hurt and I decided to take a Baclofen. My legs felt and worked great, I don't think I could have done an all day move if not for Baclofen.

I have also used Baclofen 10mg at bed time (none during the day) and when I get up in the morning my legs move and feel better.

Usually when I use Baclofen it is on an as needed basis. That works best for me, but maybe I am just odd . That is not the way the majority use or are prescribed Baclofen. Baclofen is short acting and taking it 3 or 4 times a day is most beneficial.
MSbelle (11-28-2014), SallyC (11-28-2014)