View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had periods of time in my life when I've had a lot of sleep paralysis. It did seem like it was when I wasn't sleeping properly. I don't get them so much now that I am older. I sympathize with you. They are frightening and you can't reason your way out of the fear.

I do think that lack of sleep messes up our brains and that leads to lack of sleep and odd sleep disturbances. It's cyclical.

If you have chronic pain problems, I recommended the Institute for Neuropathic Pain's website. They are in the Netherlands. I use a supplement called PeaPure from the Netherlands when my neuropathic pain flares up. My pain used to be constant and terrible, but now is under control and tolerable (mostly).

Have you had genetic testing to see if you are deficient in enzymes? Certain people don't get much pain relief from certain opiates because they are low on the enzymes needed to convert them to their pain-killing metabolites. I had this done recently and found I had 2 non-funcitoing alleles of a certain gene and got a list of opiates (and other meds) to avoid.

Finally, have you tried a sleep medication? Perhaps if you even took one for a week or so and got some real rest, your body would be able to begin to do some healing. Lack of sleep could be messing you up as much as any of your other problems. I've been there. I reluctantly began to take a sleep medication about a month ago. Yes, there are side effects, but I was amazed the difference the sleep made to my mental and physical wellbeing. The side effects are trivial compared to the relief of getting sleep. And you may find your paralysis improves as your body gets the rest it is crying out for.

Best Wishes
pepper999 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote