Thread: Joining in
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 11:45 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Joining in

Hi all, I am two months post concussion and it has been really humbling. Reading the stories here has given me perspective- I know many have it worse, so in the grand scheme of things I am really fortunate.

My injury was sustained while walking my dogs. They pulled me off balance in their eagerness to check out a dog coming our way, and since I had neglected to put the prong collar on my 45mph sighthound, she spun me around and i went airborne, backwards, then hit the road with full impact on the back of my head.

Long story short- CT scan was ok, was sent home with a hematoma & concussion. Spent too much screentime too soon trying to work - lesson learned there.
Current symptoms are vertigo, numb toes, and cognitive.

I saw a new doctor this week and he is determined to help. I have never had a doctor really listen, let alone spend 1.5 hours with one patient. The other day I noticed a Carrick training plaque on his wall-- the best coincidence ever, and only 15minutes away in Branford CT.

Since this is my first post I cannot insert the link (yet), but will do so asap.

And many thanks for all the resources here!
Grace
_Grace_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SweetC (12-24-2014)