View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 03:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Root Canal Treatment is Very Safe

I had a number of teeth root canaled over 20 years ago and they are very safe The procedure is not dangerous and it is effective in saving your tooth.
It is far better to have this procedure done than to extract a tooth. Extraction is, imho, a last resort. Once you extract a tooth, you have repace it. One of two ways: 1) a bridge, which requires that the teeth on either side of the extracted tooth be a "support" for the lost tooth. This affects and weakens these teeth. Over time, teeth shift and you need another bridge. A far better, but very expensive way is to have an artificial tooth implanted. This works and behaves like a real tooth.

So, if you need a root canal to save that tooth, by all means get one. You can read the following link or do your own research. The point as in all things is to do the most conservative thing. Extracting rather than saving is not the most conservative thing to do, Extraction is a last resort method unless it is a wisdom tooth yu don't need.

Please do the necessary research and get a second opnion.
This is my opinion, based on my reading and my experience. This is not professional advice.
jjhere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote