View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 04:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Great Forum!

1) Get the right medical professionals (may take a while) and get into a rehab treatment program Stat.

2) Be Patient with yourself. Don't push through symptoms and don't harp on yourself for sudden lack of ease of doing remedial tasks.

3) Be honest with your family, work, friends, and Dr.'s.
- also write all weird symptoms down so you can tell your Dr's about them in case you forget (don't rely on your memory).

4) No Brain Poison! You will at some point think that you are going crazy. You are not going crazy... it is the nature of a bump on the head to jostle things around. Get bad negative thoughts out, clear your mental house and focus on what you do have, can do, and are doing to get better.

5) Don't put a time limit on your healing. It is not a broken arm, 6 weeks in a cast will not cure this. Patience and rest are your biggest assets.

6) Brain Breaks! Every 2 hours take a 20-1 hr brain break. Overstimulation is the antithesis of healing and can slow your healing down. Brain breaks! Use noise cancellation headphones, eye mask, etc. to tune out and rest.

7) Meditate. Yup. It helps slow those fast brain clutter thoughts down and brings you back to you. iRest Yoga Nidra has been my favorite, also Deepak Chopra has excellent guided meditations on his site.

8) Routine. Get up at the same time. Go to bed at the same time. Eat at the same time. Get your body into a habit so it doesn't have to think as hard.

9) NO! Alcohol, caffeine, refined sugar, gluten ('Nourish your Noggin' noticed these act as neurotoxins on your brain and slows healing). Literally feed your brain fruits, veggies, lean meats, good grains to rebuild those neuron networks.

10) Listen to your body. If you are tired, rest. If you are getting irritable, take 10. If you are overstimulated, stop.

If I had done these simple things early on, I believe my healing would have occurred more quickly.

Therapy: Vision therapy to improve focal and ambient systems Neuropsychological testing and treatment Vestibular therapy Gabapentin 1800mgs/daily Clonazapam when needed

Natural Therapy and Supplements: Brain breaks every 2 hours Meditation GABA 1000 mcgs B12 1000 mcgs Niacin 3000-5000 mgs (this has significantly helped with brain fog, mood control, and depression) Nordic Naturals Fish Oil 2000mgs Potassium Multi V Glucosamine 5HTP Vitamin D 1500mgs

"Your True Self contains Every Possibility"
-Deepak Chopra
=}
[/SIZE]
"Thanks for this!" says:
Concussed Scientist (02-09-2015), Frozenpeas2015 (03-29-2015), SuperElectric (12-20-2014), thorx89 (11-29-2014)